The smile is a characteristic of your appearance that can significantly impact your level of confidence. If there are qualities about it that you don’t particularly care for, or even feel embarrassed about, you likely aren’t smiling, laughing, or communicating with others with total confidence. In Houston, TX, many individuals are turning to the transformational benefits of cosmetic dentistry procedures and finally achieving the smile they’ve always wanted.
Cosmetic dentistry procedures aim to improve the aesthetics, and often function, of the teeth, gums, and overall look of the smile. At Cosmetic Dental Associates in Houston, TX, skilled cosmetic dentists Dr. Spiker Davis and Dr. Matt Guerre work closely with patients to address their smile concerns. If you wish to enhance certain aspects of your smile, no matter how minor or significant, we invite you to consider the following information on the key benefits of cosmetic dentistry.
Customizable solutions for your unique smile
One of the primary factors that patients enjoy when partnering with one of our Houston cosmetic dentists is the ability to customize their cosmetic dentistry results. There is no one-size-fits-all solution when it comes to creating an attractive smile, as each individual has unique qualities that make their smile their own. Whether your dental flaws include tooth discoloration, misalignment, or damage, our team looks forward to customizing your cosmetic dentistry procedures to create a beautiful smile that is exclusively you.
What are the leading benefits of cosmetic dentistry?
While attaining an attractive grin is the main reason patients choose to visit a cosmetic dentist, the benefits of cosmetic dentistry procedures have effects that can reach all corners of the smile. Consider how these five key benefits of cosmetic dentistry might impact your life:
1. Repair damaged teeth. Teeth that are broken, chipped, worn, decayed, or uneven can often be repaired with cosmetic dentistry procedures. In these cases, cosmetic procedures may also have the added benefit of restoring function to the smile by improving biting and chewing abilities.
2. Whiten and brighten tooth enamel. When teeth are whiter and brighter, we find that patients often look healthier, younger, and more vibrant. Cosmetic dentistry can work to whiten stained, discolored, aging, or yellowed tooth enamel.
3. Create a balanced, even smile. Part of what makes a smile attractive is proper symmetry and balance. Certain types of dentistry procedures serve to restore ideal proportion, size, and shape to the teeth (and even the gum tissues) to create an attractive smile.
4. Improve self-confidence. A psychological benefit of cosmetic dentistry is the positive impact it has on self-confidence. Even making minor improvements to the smile can have a powerful impact on how a patient feels about their appearance.
5. Enjoy an attractive, more youthful grin. Achieving a smile that is balanced, bright, and confident cannot help but create an attractive and more youthful grin. Plus, research studies have indicated that people who smile more tend to look younger and more attractive to others.
Explore the five most common cosmetic dentistry procedures
Cosmetic dentistry can encompass a range of procedures. At Cosmetic Dental Associates, our expert Houston, TX, cosmetic dentists are pleased to offer top procedures to help patients get a smile they can truly love. Some of the most common cosmetic dentistry procedures we offer include:
Veneers are a highly cosmetic option for enhancing the look of discolored, chipped, uneven, and slightly gapped or crooked teeth that show in the smile. Made of thin shells of high-quality materials like porcelain or composite resin, veneers bring a balanced, natural quality to the front teeth.
One of the simplest ways to boost the smile, professional teeth whitening brightens enamel that is stained, dull, yellow, or off-color. Cosmetic Dental Associates is excited to offer in-office and take-home options to help patients whiten in the way most convenient for them.
Fixing minor chips or filling small gaps between teeth can often be accomplished with cosmetic bonding procedures. With this cosmetic dentistry approach, our team adds composite resin material to areas of a tooth in need, reestablishing the ideal shape, width, length, and overall size. Since the composite is shaded to blend naturally with surrounding tooth structure, the end result is a seamless, smooth finish and an attractive smile.
Teeth that are crooked, crowded, misaligned, or gapped often keep patients from feeling confident about their smiles. As a discreet alternative to traditional metal braces, Invisalign from our Houston, TX, dentists can reposition teeth through clear aligner trays to improve the appearance and health of the smile.
Laser gum sculpting
Gums that are overgrown or overabundant can create the look of short teeth and a "gummy" smile. Using an advanced soft tissue laser, our skilled dentists can remove this excess tissue to reveal more surface area of enamel for a smile that is healthier, more balanced, and attractive.
Is the way to an attractive smile through cosmetic dentistry?
A wide range of factors can lead men and women to seek improvements in their smile with the benefits of cosmetic dentistry. If you have noticed changes in your own smile, whether minor or more significant, we welcome you to meet with Dr. Davis or Dr. Guerre, our expert cosmetic dentists. Get in touch with Cosmetic Dental Associates in Houston, TX, today and learn how cosmetic dentistry may benefit your smile, appearance, health, and self-confidence.